Wednesday, January 2, 2008

And did I mention?

That we are expecting another child? I keep meaning to make a special post for that announcement, and I never do it. Knowing my blogging history, I know you are not surprised.

Our first visit to the doctor was right before Thanksgiving, and we were able to tell our families. Alden sported an "I'm the Big Sister" T-shirt when my family showed up on Wednesday night, and it took them about 10 minutes, and finally some prompting from us, to get it. They were thrilled, of course. Ashley and Nana showed up a little later, and Ashley said "So what does that mean? I don't get it." And here we thought we had spelled it out pretty clearly.
We had to email Matt's parents the picture since they were visiting Leigh and Eric in Phoenix. They, too, were excited, but a little puzzled at first. We didn't realize it was going to be such a shock and surprise!

It sounds like the due date is July 19, which sounds unbelievably far off, and very close all at the same time. It is really hard for us to think about repeating another first year, but, ultimately, we didn't want Alden to be an only child.
My second doctor's visit was December 20th and I had to sit and talk with the nurse about health history, what to eat, not eat, etc, and I got my blood drawn. Alden was so good during the long visit, and even did the "hurt" sign when she saw me get my blood drawn. That night, when I was telling Matt how good she had been at the doctor, she did the sign again, and signed "mom". I told her it didn't hurt anymore, and she seemed satisfied with that.

Luckily, I am being spared from morning sickness again, but have still been pretty tired. However, I am almost 12 weeks now, so hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, that will go away...at least for a few months.

Our next visit is in a couple weeks, and we are anxiously awaiting getting to hear the heartbeat. We should be able to find out the sex sometime in February, hopefully around Valentine's Day. It will be fun to have an identity for "Number 2" and to have time to think of some girls names, if necessary. We didn't really have any back-ups after "Alden".

No comments: