Sunday, February 3, 2008

January Recap

So much for resolutions...Here I am at the beginning of February having to rack my brain to remember what has happened the past few weeks.

We had a quick visit from Matt's parents; they just came up Saturday and left Sunday the weekend after my last post. It was good to see them, and Matt fixed the most AMAZING pork loin on the grill. YUM!

The next week, my mom was in town for work, and she and her friend Carol graciously agreed to babysit Alden so Matt and I could go out with our friends Ben and Kristen. It was SO good to get out and have adult conversation, and to eat without cutting up someone else's food, or picking said food up off the floor. We had a great dinner at Macaroni Grill, and kept the party going at the Starbucks nearby. It was really hard to come home. We hadn't had a night out in a while!

I just noticed that I seem to be talking about food a lot...maybe that is because instead of morning sickness, all I can think about is eating pizza and Mexican food. Like a Meat Lovers Pizza, and an enchilada combo. MMMM.

We had dinner at Nana's with Mom and Carol the next night, and then Thursday, they drove Alden and I back to Raleigh with them. Char/Meck schools cancelled class that day because of some possible ice (which I know will make our friends in Colorado laugh) and Mom and Carol didn't end up having their last day of class!

That morning, Matt and Alden and I got to go to the doctor and finally hear the baby's heartbeat. At first Alden was a little nervous about the nurse using the doppler thing on mom's belly, but she eventually could even make the shh-shh sound of the heartbeat herself. It was reassuring to know the baby was ok, especially after my mom and Amber with all of their worst case scenario thoughts.

Our time in Raleigh was SO good and SO relaxing. Matt ended up joining us on Saturday since he had a walk that morning, and we got to do a lot of kicking back, and watching TV. We got to see Jess and her kids at the Duprees on Saturday night, which was a highlight. I have my fingers crossed for them to hurry up and move to Charlotte!

Our friends Courtney and Tom welcomed their little baby boy Colton to the world on the 23rd. I don't think Court will mind me saying this, but she is a STUD and delivered him, all 9 punds 8 ounces without any drugs. WOW. We went to see them the next night, althought our best intentions of bringing Chik-Fil-A were squashed when the one on the hospital campus closed at 3, and we had to settle for Sbarra from the cafeteria. Alden had a great time playing with Avery, their 2 year old daughter, and we enjoyed holding Cole. It is hard to believe we will be in their shoes in a few more months!









Two weekends ago, we enjoyed a long weekend with Matt, who had Friday off, and were so thankful to have a break in the cold to get outside. I think I was starting to get cabin fever from all the cold, rainy days.

And that brings us to last week...our big news is that Alden went Pee on the potty on Thursday! This is an isolated incident, and not something that has happened since, but we were pumped! She came in and wanted her overalls and diaper off, and was reading a book. I had to run and get socks out of the dryer, because we were in a hurry to get to the Y, and I hear this "Da-da-da-da!" from the potty. I thought maybe she just stepped in it, but lo and behold, she had peed! She was really excited and wanted to tell Daddy, Grammy, and Auntie Amber about it. Like I said, it may not happen again for a while, and Lord knows I am not ready to pursue full-time potty training, but at least she has the idea!
This weekend was great. I got to watch a clinic at the barn on Saturday, and finally get a horse fix again, and Sunday we had a great time enjoying the 70 degree temps at the park. The south is a great place in that respect...I may have another opinion in August.

I am going to go ahead and post this...Will promise to update more soon. Seriously promise.








No comments: