Friday, July 27, 2007

Evil Quail

Alden came down from her nap yesterday, I put her in the family room, and went into the kitchen. Then, I hear hysterical screaming, and turn to see Alden crying, shaking, and pointing at Lily's dog toy, and tring to explain something to me in "Aldenese." I have never seen her get scared of anything and respond that way before.
Granted, the toy had been in hiding for a while, so she hadn't seen it in a long time, but what is so scary about a stuffed animal? OK, maybe it doesn't have eyeballs anymore...Lily chewed them off...
I showed her that it wasn't threatening and how it makes a squawking sound, which she imitated right away. Still, she and the quail have had a few more scary run ins, and Alden will not go near it. Maybe I should set it on the stairs.

No comments: