Monday, October 22, 2007

Scratch and Sniff

One of Alden's favorite things right now is a scratch and sniff book called The Sweet Smell of Christmas. I had a copy when I was little and remember liking it, too. However, now she thinks that books with paper pages, not board books, you can smell. She is also very into Baby Goofy Catches a Fish, which Matt and I have memorized and have read to her about a hundred times the past few days. I swear that Saturday she touched my hair after I had showered and said "wet". Another funny thing is that she will see dirty socks, dirty diapers, and trash around the house and make a "cucch" sound in her throat like "yuck". We got back from a run the other day and were sweaty, and she was touching my belly button. I told her it was sweaty and she said "cucch". Now, whenever she sees my bellybutton, she thinks it is "ccuch". I have tried to explain that mommy does sometimes take showers.

My first day in clinical was a little slow, although I did get to bathe and shave my resident, Mr. Grier. I think I might start talking with a little ebonic flair after being around all the girls in my class, the teachers, and the staff at the Assisted Living place. Even after one day, I have to stop myself from saying, "Whatchu doin?" It wasn't quite as gross as I thought, although the smell of the dining area mixed with the cleaner, and the smell of old people was pretty sick. I felt like I needed to take about 4 showers to get it off. Cucch.

Saturday night we had a great time at Bill and Ashley's and enjoyed not having to cook dinner. Sunday, we went to church, I went to the barn while Matt watched some football, and then we took Lily and Alden to the park. It seemed like a good full day, except the disappointed end to the baseball playoffs. I won't pretend to know if it was AL or NL, or even if those are the right abbreviations.

No comments: