Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School!

Alden and Hudson had their first days of school today. Alden's new class is called the Superstars, and her teacher's are Mrs. Neri and Mrs. Turner. They had a short day today, but from what she told me, they "went to music, ate snack...ring cookies and I don't like ring cookies, only chocolate chip, had circle time and calendar time, read The Kissing Hand, and did a craft." Whew. She ran out of class and asked when she could come back, so I guess things went ok. However, as we were leaving, she got kind of sad, and I asked her what was wrong. "I didn't want to share," she said. (SHOCKER) I asked her what her teacher said or if she had a time-out, but all she said was that her teacher told her to share. MAYBE by the time the child goes to kindergarten she will have caught on to the sharing thing. But, in a way, I can't blame her too much. I don't like to share either.Here is Alden on her last day of 3's in May.And from her first day of 3's a year ago. She has grown so much!
Hudson is in the Rainbow Kid class with Mrs. Leonard and Mrs. Gregory. Alden was also in their class, so they seem like old friends. Hudson and I had to kill about 30 minutes before and after his class since Alden started at at different time. We walked around and looked at books, and he was actually jumping down the hallway when it was his turn to go to class. Mrs. Leonard took him in and she said he just got right into playing with the toys and acted like he had been doing this all his life. When I went to get him, he was so excited to show me the bristle blocks and alphabet blocks. He had such a great time.

"BLOCKS!!!" "BIG BLOCKS!"
New Friend


And since I did it with Alden, here is a shot from Hudson last year...even though he wasn't in school.I used my first hour of free time to get a hair cut. I am hoping that once they are on the full schedule, that I will have a couple hours to get to the barn or to the Y. Yay! I feel like I have been waiting for this year for a long time!

We met Matt for lunch at CFA, and the kids had an early nap since Armen and Lucy were coming over. They got into Alden's dress-ups and at one point, they were all running around the house in princess dresses. Where was my camera?!?!?

** As usual there are more pictures of Hudson because he will still smile at the camera and not run away.

No comments: