Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Feliz Cumpleanos en Mexico

Please, bear with me while I update May in a few different installments since I have not posted AT ALL. Wow.

We started the month by dropping off Alden in Raleigh with my parents. We drove up on Monday, and enjoyed spending a few days with them and Amber. We went to the Pelican Ice place in Apex, which is my new favorite thing…shaved ice with corn syrupy flavoring…yum, and took Alden to the park. She really enjoyed going on the merry-go-round with Matt. We celebrated my birthday a couple days early and went out to dinner at the Loop. Alden got a kick out of the card I got from Amber that sang the chicken dance and ate a lot of parmesan cheese. She loved pulling the candles out of the cake and liking the icing off, too.

Matt and I came back to Charlotte on Wednesday, and began our few days of freedom. I had a doctor’s appointment that afternoon and got drink the sugary glucose-test stuff. I measured 28 cm, which is right on track. Hudson seems to be growing well and I was given the doctor’s blessing to travel to Mexico. Matt and I went to Y and got dip cones at Dairy Queen, which is another of my latest cravings. Besides packing for our trip, our big project was to take Alden’s crib down in preparation for the BIG GIRL BED!


I got to celebrate my birthday by flying to Mexico! Matt and I left early in the morning to fly to Cancun, and were actually on the same flight as his cousin Steve and his wife Jeanne. We stayed at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya, which was amazing. There were parrots in the lobby, beautiful pools, and lots of fruity drinks! We started the weekend’s festivities with guy and girl parties to celebrate Rachel and Michael on Thursday night. Friday, we spent a relaxing day by the lagoon and the tidal pool before getting prepped for the wedding. The ceremony was lovely, on a bluff overlooking the ocean, and it was special to have so many family and friends together to celebrate the newlyweds. Saturday, we got suckered into a time-share schpeal, but we did actually win a raffle for a week long trip back to the resort. We went to the Xcaret park in the afternoon, walked around the aquarium, saw the animals, and snorkeled in the limestone caverns, which was definitely the highlight…especially for a very hot, sweaty pregnant girl. Saturday night, we got together with Matt’s family for dinner at the Steakhouse restaurant, which was by far the best meal we had all weekend…mostly because of the chocolate mousse. It was sad to leave on Sunday…we felt like we could have used another day or two to lay around and relax. I would say that we did miss Alden some; she would have enjoyed the animals and the pool, but boy, were we thankful that we didn’t have to chase her around and be inside for naptimes and bedtimes.

Even our night back home by ourselves was great. Matt and I went to dinner at Angela’s, an Italian place we like, and relished having our last meal without having to cut up someone else’s food. It was great to see Alden when we went to pick her up. She had a great time with Auntie Amber and Grammy playing outside, swinging, going to the parks, and eating at “Chik-shay”.

No comments: