Friday, April 17, 2009

A few extras

Wow, it has taken me four posts to get caught up on April so far.

In general, we have had a sick month so far. Alden started with something the first weekend of the month, and we all have it now. I took the kids to the doctor before we left for Aiken, because Hudson had started the day before with a croup-y sounding cough, and was getting really congested, and he just told us to wait it out. Does that ever work for anyone else? Because, Tuesday morning, I was calling him to tell him we needed some medicine no matter what. No one was sleeping much, and that is when things get serious around here. But, we are all on antibiotics now, and on the mend. Hopefully, this is it until fall??

Some of the moms and kids from Alden's class have been meeting on Fridays at one of the local parks, and the first Friday this month we were able to go. It was just Alden, and two little boys, Rowan and Jake, but they had a great time running around and playing with Rowan's cars. They were running around the merry-go-round, making it spin, and Alden kept telling the boys what to do. "Stop boys"..."Alright, ready, set, go"..."No, stop again!" B-O-S-S-Y.

Hudson got his 4 top teeth the beginning of the month, all at one time. I think they are part of what contributed to his March bout of sickness. He has enjoyed trying them out on some table foods. He kind of fluctuates on whether he will eat baby food or not. Sometimes, he just wants to feed himself.

He has been really clingy lately, which has kept us from being productive at all. For example, it took me a day and a half to fold a load of laundry that was in his room because I kept having to pick him up...or intervene with him and Alden.

There is a little book club in the neighborhood, and this month the book we are reading is Clyde Edgertons' Raney (Sorry, I don't know how to underline things with Blogger). I think I read it in middle or high school and didn't like it at all, but I have been cracking up reading it this past week. I would definitely recommend it.

No comments: