Friday, April 17, 2009

What's next...we think

Matt has been busy working part-time at On the Border, and looking into the possibility of going to seminary. He took a couple classes through Fuller when we lived in CO, and really enjoyed them. He has always said that if he could go back to school just to learn, he would love to go to seminary, but since he never wanted to be a pastor, we just never thought it was practical. However, it has always been in the back of his mind, and every time I am in church (even since Charlotte) I feel like God has been saying "Matt needs to go to seminary." I just kept telling God to be quiet; we weren't interested, thank you very much. So, here we are, completely surrendering and walking down a path we feel like God has been nudging us towards for a while.

It is scary...there is a lot of uncertainty about finances, time management, if he should try to work and do school, what I should try to do, etc. But, we are trusting that it will work out if that is what needs to happen. As far as the pastor thing goes, Matt is trusting that God will show him what he is supposed to do, even if he doesn't know now. There are other possibilities in ministry, and who knows, maybe he is supposed to be in a church in some kind of role. As for me, I don't think I EVER wanted to be a preacher's wife, but I do want to be Matt's wife, so I am believing that my heart will be changed, too, if that is where we are called.

Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments: