Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May Birthdays

I am really falling behind with blogging. I am going to try to catch up on May, at least, and then work backward...I do have the text written for most of April, just no pictures downloaded.

The first weekend of May was Peak Fest in downtown Apex. There are usually a lot of booths, games, food, etc and it is a lot of fun. It was HOT, though, so we only scoped out about half of it before the kids were a little low-blood-sugary (ok, me too) and we had to scoot to Chick-Fil-A. They did have a classic car show in one of the parking lots, so that made Matt happy, and there was a Grand Wagoneer, which made me happy.

Alden got this sweet calendar, which was fun for about 3 days. Now Matt or I have to stick the appropriate velcro pieces on, or we would be stuck on May 6th.That afternoon, I went to a bridal shower for my college friend, Lizzy. It was a fiesta-themed party, and it was really fun to visit with my friends and to celebrate Lizzy and Greg. She got some really fun things, and it made me wish that you could re-register every 5 years or so.

That night, we had a quick pizza dinner at Bebe's house with Amber and Bebe. Pop pop was still in Germany, and Matt had to work, so it was a pretty short and sweet birthday.

I worked the next night, and then, on Monday, we did a big celebration for Bebe's birthday (the 3rd), my birthday, and Pop pop's birthday (the 6th). Alden insisted that since it was a party, she must wear her Cinderella dress.

Amber and Reg came over, and Ashley and Andrew drove up from Charlotte. We had a great big dinner, with ribs and lard cake, and opened up presents. Andrew and Ashley brought dragon towels for the kids, which they really liked.

Here's Hudson being a dinosaur. Aghhhh!
Alden and Hudson were starting to really get used to the birthday cake routine. They both love to lick the icing off the ends of the candles.

No comments: