Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today was one of the first days in a week that neither Matt nor I had to work! Yay! Wednesday almost feels like a weekend!

We just did the usual...Y, lunch, naps, walk, dinner, but it was so much better to not have work hanging over our heads. Matt just started working at Harris Teeter 3 nights a week from 7-1. He still works at OTB at least once a week, and then I have been working 2 times a week...except last week I picked up 2 extra shifts, so we have not seen much of each other. I realized last Monday that I wouldn't see Matt awake from Monday at 7pm until Wednesday at 7:30 pm. Ugh.

Thank goodness we were both here today, though. Although both kids napped until almost 5, they were SO grouchy when they woke up. And whiny. Nothing puts me in a worse mood than crying and whining.

I did throw together a special dinner for us...stuffed salmon, asparagus and wilted spinach (the kids had chicken nuggets). And we even cleaned all of Alden's art stuff off the dining room table and ate there instead of the kitchen.

Hudson has been carrying around the Little People horses for the past week or so. The grey one is the dad, one white one is the mom, and the other white one is the baby. There is a little wagon that they attach to that we are having to reconnect to the horse about every 3 minutes. Fun. I think some of his whining today was due to the Daddy horse being lost under the train table until dinner time.

He keeps talking more and more...he says "Hi" and "bye" (ok, I know, 9 month old kids can say that...) and it is really cute to hear his little voice. The other morning Matt was changing his diaper and I walked by his room and he waved and said "hi!"

He has been very much in Mom-mode lately. For a while he would only say "Dad", but now, he only says "Mom" or "mommy" and will only sign "Dad".

Alden has her last day of school tomorrow. Picnic at the park with all the Purple Bears!

No comments: